Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Trackpad 'Dancing / Erratic Behaviour'

Since a couple of days, my Macbook Pro Trackpad has been behaving erratically. When I try to use it, it sometimes 'dances' around on the screen and does not respond to my touch. When I press hard on the Trackpad, it 'fixes' it and the Trackpad wil work for a short while but will quickly return to its erratic behaviour. What would be the best course of action? Can I do anything myself about it, or should I go to an Apple Store?

Extra Info:

It started after a flight of 2 and a half hours. I have had the laptop with me at all times, and it did not fall. It never did this before the flight.

Laptop Specifications:

MacBook Pro (13-Inch, Mid 2012)

2,5 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB RAM 1600MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

OSX Yosemite Version: 10.10.3

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:49 AM

3 replies

Aug 7, 2015 5:26 PM in response to DiegoSdeM

Diego,

I have the same issue but my Mac has not been moved from is spot for weeks. I did have to update something but I don't know how to figure out what it was. I have the mac pretty locked down and I do not visit odd sites since I'm heavily involved with a University. It kind of feels like someone has control of my machine.

changed the mouse battery

restarted from shutdown

I'm just going to hit reply; I wrote so much more but it was deleted.

Did you get a fix?

Aug 7, 2015 5:39 PM in response to Deborah Holmes

I had this happen to my 2010 MBP and I took it into the Genius Bar and it was determined to be faulty. I would recommend that you take it in and have it looked at. If you have an external mouse there is a setting in the preference panes that will disable the trackpad when the mouse is present. I would seriously take it in and have it looked at.

Paul

MacBook Pro Trackpad 'Dancing / Erratic Behaviour'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.