Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport extreme 6th generation (tower) snmp support missing?

Hello everyone,

I'm extremely disappointed that the latest airport extreme does not offer SNMP support. Is that correct ? I search all menus from the airport utility and no success.

This is an extremely important feature to keep track of usage and performance. Why would Apple take out this feature?

If the standard Apple user do not use it, fine, leave it by default disabled, but let power users have access to it. I'm pretty sure this can be fixed with a firmware update.

I highly recommend returning this feature.

Thank you,

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 256GB 8GB RAM

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:05 AM

The latest AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule do not support SNMP.

Why would Apple take out this feature?

As you know from reading the Terms of Use for this area, you have posted on a user-to-user support forum. We are all users here, just like you. No one here will be able to tell you why Apple has made the decisions that have occurred.

And, since this is a user-to-user support forum, Apple will not answer here. You can tell Apple what you want here:

Apple - AirPort Extreme - Feedback

Apple will acknowledge receipt of your communication, but they will not answer your questions directly.

You might want to check with Apple Support if you want to speak to an individual from Apple.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 9:05 AM in response to fmiranda

The latest AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule do not support SNMP.

Why would Apple take out this feature?

As you know from reading the Terms of Use for this area, you have posted on a user-to-user support forum. We are all users here, just like you. No one here will be able to tell you why Apple has made the decisions that have occurred.

And, since this is a user-to-user support forum, Apple will not answer here. You can tell Apple what you want here:

Apple - AirPort Extreme - Feedback

Apple will acknowledge receipt of your communication, but they will not answer your questions directly.

You might want to check with Apple Support if you want to speak to an individual from Apple.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

airport extreme 6th generation (tower) snmp support missing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.