Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I added my daughter to family share and it put her account as an adult and doesn't give me an option to switch her to her actual age which is under 18. How do I change her information so that her account shows she is under 18?

I added my daughter to family share and it put her account as an adult and doesn't give me an option to switch her to her actual age which is under 18. How do I change her information so that her account shows she is under 18?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:11 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 7:11 AM in response to Camom5

Hello Camom5,

If you need to correct the birth date for your daughter's Apple ID, the resource below will explain how:

Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204164

Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID

It’s important to have your correct birth date on file in your Apple ID account.

Your birth date is used to enable certain features and display your correct age in features such as Family Sharing. In some cases, it might be used to help reset your password.

Use these steps to update or correct the birth date associated with your Apple ID:

1. Go to My Apple ID.
  2. Click Manage your Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Password and Security. You might need to answer your security questions.
  4. Scroll down and update your birth date.
  5. Click Save.

To change your birth date to any age below 13*, you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After updating your birth date, follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer. Your family organizer can sign in to My Apple ID to confirm the birth date change and agree to the Parent Privacy Disclosure agreement by entering the CVV of the credit card on file in their account.

Be sure to enter your correct birthdate. After you change it to any age below 13, you can't edit it. Learn more about Apple IDs for children.

*Age varies by country or region.

Last Modified: Aug 4, 2015

Cheers,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.