Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question on Photo & Video Information

Hello!

If I send someone a photo or video with my ipod touch 5g....is there ANY way for them to tell where / when the photo or video was taken? If so, is there a way for me to totally block that? Thanks for any help/advice.

Cmira

iPod touch, Windows 7, Home

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:13 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 8:28 AM in response to CMIRA23

All photos contain what is called metadata. Depending on your camera the metadata can include location info, in fact most newer cameras do include location and the iPhones certainly do, so yes your friends can see the location. There are ways of removing some or most of the metadata but none with a simple iPhone or iPad that I know of. You would have to resort to other programs or Apps. I can remove most of the metadata using Windows, likely the same with a Mac. In Windows right click on the picture, select Properties, Details, and at bottom select Remove Properties and Personal Information, and remove all.

Question on Photo & Video Information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.