Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 5 stopped working

My Iphone 5 stopped working and after charging overnight, it will not turn on.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:33 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 6:57 AM in response to JWCW1827

Hey JWCW1827,

It sounds as though you may be experiencing trouble trying to get your iPhone to charge. I've outlined a number of steps below that can help get your iPhone charged and functioning once more.

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

My Iphone 5 stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.