Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have a2010 imac. 3.06 Intel i3. had a 4TB HD put in and now it sounds like a jet plane when I turn it on. An Ex-Apple employee told me it was damaged. the company that upgrade said it runs hot sense the fan alway runs. Not a techie! help!

Upgraded from the orginal HD to a 4TB. It was installed by a local so called tech. After i go it home and fired up the nice was like a small jet plane. I called the Tech and they claimed it was because the 4TB runs hotter. Not being a techie at all I had to deal with it. Recently I spoke to an ex-apple store person and they felt like the original tech was incorrect about the running hotter and the fan might have been damaged. Help would be appreciated.

iMac, Intel Core i3

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:48 AM

Take it back to the tech who installed the drive and tell them to make it right. Apple can't help you with your modified Mac.

4 replies

Have a2010 imac. 3.06 Intel i3. had a 4TB HD put in and now it sounds like a jet plane when I turn it on. An Ex-Apple employee told me it was damaged. the company that upgrade said it runs hot sense the fan alway runs. Not a techie! help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.