Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iPhone Music, in iTunes, after copying music to new laptop

Background:

In Feb 2009, I moved my 50+GB music library to an external hard drive. Until a month ago, any PC/laptop I used directed iTunes to the external hard drive. A few months ago I purchased a 500GB laptop thinking that I could finally move my music back to my laptop and use the external hard drive as a backup. Moving my library was a nightmare as my external hard drive files were from a version of iTunes from 2009 and I am not very computer smart. After a few weeks of reading forums I think my iTunes library is all fixed. (Think being a key word.) So with that fixed I decided to finally plug in the iPhone 5c I got last fall. Now I am having problems on my iPhone screen in iTunes with my music and syncing.

Current issues:

In iTunes, the music screen for my iPhone is unresponsive. I am unable to check and uncheck songs. I am unable to click on columns to sort by name/artist/album/genre/etc. There are random songs that show up twice even though they are not doubled in my iTunes music library. It seems there is no rhyme or reason to which songs are doubled. Some were purchased through iTunes and some were ripped from CDs. Also randomly, there are songs that have the grey dotted circle next to them. Some of these songs are the doubled songs, but not all. Because the music screen is unresponsive, I am unable to delete the duplicate songs.

Sometimes when syncing, not always, I get the error message, "The phone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54)."

When I uncheck Synch music and apply, it does not take all the music off my iPhone and leaves behind many grey dotted songs. The songs it leaves that are not grey dotted seem very random and are both songs from iTunes and songs ripped from CDs. My sync is set to "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres"

I think those are the main issues. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Brian

iPhone 5c
Windows 10 on hp laptop

iPhone 5c, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:25 AM

There are no replies.

Problems with iPhone Music, in iTunes, after copying music to new laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.