Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sold my iPhone and can't remember if I cleared the settings or not..how do I check

I just sold my iPhone on eBay and I know my IMEI # and I know I turned off the iCloud but I am second guessing myself if I cleared the settings. Is there anyway I can check to see if the settings are all clear?

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 8:29 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Wildes992

Howdy Wildes992,

It sounds like you're concerned that you may not have removed your old phone from Find my iPhone on your iCloud account. I would log into www.iCloud.com and check the Find my Phone app to see if the phone is listed there. If so the following article will help you remove your phone from your account.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Keep in mind that the process for doing so will erase the device, so you may want to reach out to the buyer and let them know to backup their stuff before hand as a courtesy.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I sold my iPhone and can't remember if I cleared the settings or not..how do I check

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.