Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gold Iphone 6plus Home Button is Silver

Heya, So Iv had my Gold Iphone 6plus since february and only recently by chance (it was set down beside my friends silver 6plus) I have noticed that my home button looks silver. It perfectly matches the home button on my friends silver 6plus. From the get go I had expected the home button to be more prominently gold but I put this down to lighting conditions and possible reflections etc. Iv inspected it closely under all types of light and its silver plain old silver.So does anyone elses home button look silver? Is it actually meant to be silver?? Excuse my icky screen protector . Also incase it matters I purhased the phone direclty from apple.ie new.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 6.1.4, null

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 9:44 AM

4 replies

Aug 5, 2015 12:08 AM in response to SpauldingJ

Heya, just to update. I contacted apple and sent them the photos. They agreed it looks silver and suggested I swap it out. I know my phone works perfectly and this is a small little issue that doesn't affect the use or running of the phone but at the end of the day it still bothers me. I suppose I'm just picky . However I did order and pay for a gold iPhone with a gold home button 😁 Anywhoo seeing as I have no Apple Store close by (the only one is at the other end of the country) I opted for the express return service where they send me a new device and then I send back my device in the box the new one comes in. It does cost €29 / $29 but seems worth it as I won't be without a phone. Another option is to go into your carrier (even if you purchased it from Apple) and have it swapped out. Unfortunately this again was not an option I could use as they said my carrier was not on their list for that yet.

Aug 4, 2015 5:01 PM in response to niac123

User uploaded fileI just noticed the same issue with my gold iPhone 6. I pre-ordered the phone before it came out off of Sprint.com and I received the phone the day it came out. It wasn't until a couple of days ago that I noticed the color mishap. I noticed it when holding it next to another gold iPhone 6. My home button has been silver ever since I received the phone and I'm not sure what that means or what to do about it. My phone was brand new when I opened it and has never been touched or by any professionals nor by me.

Gold Iphone 6plus Home Button is Silver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.