Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet not working

I've recently purchased and Airport Express (version 7.6.5) router. I've got an Apple TV (3rd generation) connected, Iphone 6 and a MacBook Pro Retina. The Apple TV and the Iphone connect to the router but they have no internet connections even though the Wi-Fi indicator has full 4 bars. My MacBook Pro connects to the router and the internet is working perfectly on that device. I've tried connecting the Apple TV through an ethernet cable and it does no difference.

Also, all these devices worked fine on my other router before i bought the Airport Express.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:07 AM

7 replies

Aug 4, 2015 6:43 PM in response to atli freyr

The Express is connected to the Genexis by an ethernet cable.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. Since the Express will be connected by Ethernet you will want to configure your routers for a roaming-type network. This will allow a wireless network client to literally roam between wireless access points and still be on the "same" Wi-Fi network.

The important keys to have a successful roaming network are:

• Only the "main" router should be configured to provide NAT & DHCP. All other routers should be reconfigured as bridges, i.e., have both NAT & DHCP disabled.
  • Each AirPort router used in a roaming network should have a unique base station name.
  • Each router must broadcast a Wi-Fi network using the same network name (aka, SSID), and using the same wireless security type (WPA, WPA2, etc.), and security password.
  • All "extending" routers must be connected back to the "main" router by Ethernet.

Aug 6, 2015 9:24 AM in response to atli freyr

The Airport Express was already set to Bridge mode, I tried to change some other settings including incoming connection from DHCP to PPoE and then back to DHCP and after the last update it went offline and has a steady yellow light.

A steady yellow or amber status LED light would indicate a failed device. It may be possible that your Express is no longer working. The only recommendation I would have at this point is to try a "factory default" reset on the Express and see if the status light goes from steady to, at least, blinking amber. If it doesn't then it may be bad.

Internet not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.