Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor Quality Chargers

I know that every Apple user has problems with their chargers, but my situation is getting out of control. I've been through 5 Apple chargers and I'm currently fighting "this accessory may not be supported" with one off-brand heavy duty charger with a super thick cord-- all of this in ONE YEAR. If I keep this up, the cost of all my chargers is going to be greater than the cost of the actual phone! I highly doubt it's my phone that's causing the trouble (but of course I don't know); what I really came here to ask is: does anybody in the community know a brand of iPhone 5-5s charger that lasts for longer than a few months? Is there any way for me to care for / make my chargers last longer?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:39 AM

6 replies

Aug 3, 2015 11:01 AM in response to chloecat143

What is happening with your chargers? To take care of them you want to make sure you never pull on the cords or wrap them very tightly, don't put them on the bottom of the backpack or bag where they will get squished by other stuff. If you are getting shorts or surges in the cords you may want to have your outlets checked by an electrician. You shouldn't have to keep replacing your chargers if you're not being abusive to them.

Poor Quality Chargers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.