Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Mac Book Pro OSX Lion, 2.3 GHz Intel Core 15 Version 10.7.5 And a pfishing popup has locked my computer so I cannot get back into Safari. Pop Up Says (I am Lucky as I have won something) UGH

I have a MacBook Pro OSX Lion 10.7.5,

2.3 GHz Intel Core 15

A pop up grey window on my screen that says "I am a lucky winner ...and to call #) I did not call this number but I cannot get back in Safari as my screen is locked. Please help me

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Locked out of Safari

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:20 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Gary Ratliff

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If the message reappears, disconnect the computer from the Internet for long enough to erase that site from the browser history.

It's possible but unlikely that this issue is caused by adware; if so, download and runMalwareBytes for Mac, using a different web browser if needed.

(131188)

I have a Mac Book Pro OSX Lion, 2.3 GHz Intel Core 15 Version 10.7.5 And a pfishing popup has locked my computer so I cannot get back into Safari. Pop Up Says (I am Lucky as I have won something) UGH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.