Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone won't turn on

So my little brother dropped my iPhone while it was in an Otterbox case. Now it won't turn on. I put it on the charger (even though it almost fully charge) and it showed the Apple logo for a few seconds and then all it shows is a black screen.

I've tried letting it charge for 15 minutes and resetting it by pressing the lock and home button at the same time. Please help. Do I need to get it repaired? Would it be replaced?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:42 AM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2015 8:41 AM in response to 17Samantha

Seems as though you and I are experiencing the same issue i dropped my 5s in the case. Now it doesnt want to boot past Apple Logo. I've tried a battery change and countless Recovery and DFU Restores with no luck. I've just seen a Method Power on the phone while holding the Volume + Button once apple logo is on let go of power button. It didn't work. Home button works power button works no cracks no internal damage nothing. Idk what's wrong. The only thing that never comes up is itunes logo. and battery indicator logo. Good luck let me know if you fixed your phone.

iphone won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.