Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mail crashes on launch despite removing and reloading account

my Ipad mail has just decided to crash. I have removed the account and re added it.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:17 PM

It sounds like you might have a corrupt or problematic email that is causing problems. Do you have any emails with large attachments... A video, photos or a large presentation file as an a attachment in one of your emails? I would check the account on the server. Use a web browser and log into your email that way and see if there is something troublesome there. If you find sometching that you think is causing the problem, delete it,

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 12:17 PM in response to glanymor124

It sounds like you might have a corrupt or problematic email that is causing problems. Do you have any emails with large attachments... A video, photos or a large presentation file as an a attachment in one of your emails? I would check the account on the server. Use a web browser and log into your email that way and see if there is something troublesome there. If you find sometching that you think is causing the problem, delete it,

Aug 3, 2015 1:38 PM in response to glanymor124

I imagine that I don't need to tell you that diagnosing and fixing email crashing issues on the iPad can be a bit challenging. I'm sure you know that by now.

Since you deleted the account and added it back again, the next thing that I would try is to reset all settings. I don't know that it will help, but to me, it's just the next troubleshooting step that I would attempt. You don't lose any data when you do this, but you reset all of the iPad's settings back to "out of the box", factory defaults. So you will have to enter all WiFi passwords again, set up your privacy settings, choose your wallpaper and so on. Note that the iPad will also reboot on its own when you reset all settings.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings.

ipad mail crashes on launch despite removing and reloading account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.