Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Assistant can't see partition after upgrading to Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the other day, and now whenever I start the Boot Camp Assistant I get a "the startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition" error.

I'm running 10.10.4 on a mid 2015 15" Retina MacBook Pro. Both OS X and Windows boot up just fine. Disk Utility reports that everything is OK.

What should I check next?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:16 AM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 10:28 AM in response to Rudegar

I noticed it when I had to go into BCA to redownload the drivers, as upgrading to Windows 10 broke a whole bunch of stuff. You can still do that with this error, so no, you're right, I don't need to use BCA now. But the fact that it's there bothers me. I'd rather fix it now than worry about it if I want to remove my boot camp partition at some point in the future.

Also, I can't seem to get Parallels to run my boot camp partition any more, and I wondered if the two issues might be related.

Boot Camp Assistant can't see partition after upgrading to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.