Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN into MacPro Mavericks 10.10.4 to see my Desktop

I downloaded OS X Server thinking I could access my Macpro Desktop from my MacBook Pro Laptop.

How can I do this I think I bought the wrong software to do this.

Mac Pro, 32 gigs of Ram

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:27 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 12:53 PM in response to Ethridged

From where to where (locations).

If one system is behind a home router, or a corporate firewall, each will have different solution.

The corporate filewall, then you would need to use the corporate VPN client to get inside the company, then you might be able to screen share between the Macs.

If a home router, you would do best using Back-to-My-Mac via System Preferences -> iCloud -> Back to my Mac. This is a secure connections, you a VPN is not really needed.

If a home router, but not interested in Back-to-My-Mac, then you would need to configure your router to port-forward the VPN port (do not know what that is, but I'm sure Google can help) from the internet to the destination Mac with the VPN server.

<http://portforward.com/>

There are also utilities such as TeamViewer.com (free for personal use) that know how to navigate across home routers, and they also use a secure connection.

VPN into MacPro Mavericks 10.10.4 to see my Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.