Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi will not switch on in iPad settings.

My iPad will not switch on wifi in settings . I've tried resetting internet settings and resetting all settings but the blue wifi switch does not exist! My router is working fine with my MacBook Pro. I was in the middle of downloading the latest ios8 and it hung midway. don't know if this is a clue. I had problems getting the iPad onto the net before this and solved it by resetting internet settings but this will not work now. The iPad is looking for the iOS update but cannot access it as the network settings do not work. Any ideas?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:44 AM

10 replies

Aug 5, 2015 7:51 AM in response to rickmusikstudios

Howdy rickmusikstudios,

If you are not able to turn Wi-Fi on for your iPad, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article - If Wi-Fi is grayed out or dim on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

In order to update your version of iOS on the iPad you may need to use iTunes on your computer. Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. See the section titled Update your device using iTunes.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

Aug 9, 2015 8:52 AM in response to Brett L

I have tried all the things that Apple has suggested. Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem since updating their software. Some have reported that overheating an iPhone with a hairdryer then putting it into the freezer for 15 minutes fixes the problem! It seems to me that there is a hardware problem with iPads that were working fine before the update and that I either have to... go for an expensive repair... or throw it on a skip. Does anyone have any alternatives? I note that Apple have gone very quiet on an issue that does not exist.

Wifi will not switch on in iPad settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.