Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite WiFi Issue (MBP)

Hello,

When I open my MB up the wifi says it is connected but it's not as when I go to safari it says no internet. I have to turn off the wifi and turn it on again. I have tried forgetting all networks and forgetting all my bluetooth devices but the problem still persists. Has anyone got this very irritating bug on there MBP and has anyone got a definitive solution?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:10 PM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2015 5:54 PM in response to mattmill98

I'm searching for the answer to this too. I can be sitting within 10 ft of my router and still have NO throughput from the MBP. All other devices in the house have no issues anywhere in the house (iPhones, iPad, Lenovo laptop, Dell desktop w/ wireless card). I've done some testing with the Wireless Diagnostics, and the RSSI drops from around -55dB to between -75 and -80dB when I move more than 4-5ft from the router. Noise level is around -90dB. The signal quality drops drastically at the same time. All this time the WiFi connection indicator shows full signal strength.

This only showed up after the last update was installed.

Try moving your MBP as close to your wireless access point as possible and see if it makes a difference. I'm guessing that it will. Also, open the Wireless Diagnostics (hold Option and click on the wifi indicator) and then open the Performance tab from the Window menu at the top of the screen.

Nov 15, 2015 2:31 AM in response to dnlwthrn

Hmmm... for me, this may be a bit more complicated. I had spent the better part of a Saturday fighting the Wifi issue, assuming it was a Vodafone problem. Long story short, the router (an EasyBox 802) stopped broadcasting over Wifi. After many times power cycling, resetting, etc., I was able to reconnect the iPad to the network with normal connectivity. This morning I tried to connect my new MBP to it and came up against the same issue. The result being that the EasyBox network could not be joined. The Wifi icon goes grey. I am now tethered via USB to my iPhone (it's on the Wifi network). The iPad still seems to be working fine.

So I'm to understand that this may be an Apple issue?

Nov 26, 2015 10:31 AM in response to mattmill98

So yesterday afternoon, during a call with someone, somewhere form Apple, I had gotten the idea to look at the Channel setting in the modem/router (an EasyBox 802 model). To be fair, it came form something that the tech guy said, but only in so much that it was something he said that only Vodafone could change. Anyway, I went into the EasyBox settings (at the time, from my iPad, because the MBP couldn't connect), and changed the channel to 3 (a number I picked for no reason) from the Auto setting it was on. Knock on wood, etc., etc., I've had a trouble free connection for about 24 hours now, after a couple of weeks of intermittent at best service. Do I think it's an EasyBox/Vodafone issue? Absolutely not. Clearly something is different in the way the MBP is dealing with Wifi networks.

To remind everyone, especially (hopefully) the Apple guy or gal that may read this, my iPad, iPhone and WLAN Printer (Cannon MF-4780w) never had a problem connecting. And fortunately, the channel change seems to not have effected these devices at all.

Yosemite WiFi Issue (MBP)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.