Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VLC Volume not working through Mac OS X 10.10.4

Hello Guys

I have upgraded to 10.10.4 about a week ago. Been watching movies on Amazon and the volume has been working perfectly (keyboard volume adjust buttons)

Tried a watch a movie today through VLC Player and for some reason I cannot adjust the volume using my Mac Keyboard.

I can only adjust it in VLC System preferences. I had no such problems with VLC prior to upgrading to Yosemite.

Problem is no matter what I try, it doesn't seem to help much as the volume stays soft. Even if it's set at 200%

this is what I see when I try to use my Mac Volume control buttons... Almost like its locked.

User uploaded file

Never had this issue before

VLC Version 2.2.1 (Intel 64bit)

Thank so much for all your help

D

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), VCL Player 2.2.1

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:39 PM

no sweat...at least not yet. Hold down the option key and click on speaker icon at the top right of screen. you should see all the inputs and outputs for your MacBook Pro. maybe it's stuck on digital out, hence you not being able to control the volume. other than that, try restting the smc. Shut down computer, plug in adapter, hold down shift, control, Option keys and power on the left hand side of the keyboard, hold down for 30 sec, release keys, press power to reboot computer.

or try zapping pram. shut down computer, restart, hold down Command, Option, P and R keys quickly. Hold them down for 3 "bongs" and release keys. Let computer start up as usual....

also check out Audio MIDI and see what your audio output is set to....

good luck

John B

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Done0529

no sweat...at least not yet. Hold down the option key and click on speaker icon at the top right of screen. you should see all the inputs and outputs for your MacBook Pro. maybe it's stuck on digital out, hence you not being able to control the volume. other than that, try restting the smc. Shut down computer, plug in adapter, hold down shift, control, Option keys and power on the left hand side of the keyboard, hold down for 30 sec, release keys, press power to reboot computer.

or try zapping pram. shut down computer, restart, hold down Command, Option, P and R keys quickly. Hold them down for 3 "bongs" and release keys. Let computer start up as usual....

also check out Audio MIDI and see what your audio output is set to....

good luck

John B

VLC Volume not working through Mac OS X 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.