Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.mov have become corrupt

i have tons of video from 1992 on—recently discovered that many of my .mov files are now corrupt and quicktime will not play them—have searched the internet and even spent money on software that supposedlhy repairs .mov files, and the results are: not work….fortunately the video that has become corrupt is raw and unedited and i have the edited versions on separate hard rives, but am becoming nervous that they too will become corrupted. some of this is 4K video shot with sony for-ax100. any similar problems out there?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:14 PM

What indicates the file is "Corrupt"? QT Player Alert? What exactly?

Are all the 'corrupt' video files on the same drive? Run Disk Utility and Verify/Repair Permissions and Verify/Repair Disk. {no promises, but file index rebuild may resolve 'orphaned' sectors, thus 'repairing' the files}

5 replies

.mov have become corrupt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.