Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport 6.3.5 does not show some options that 5.6.1 displays?

I have Yosemite V 10.10.4 on my MacBook Pro & Snow Leopard on my Mac Pro along with a time capsule, both run fine

The Airport utility is V6.3.5 on the MacBook & V5.6.1 on the MacPro

The older version 5.6.1 shows more options - ie: disconnect users under the 'disks' section which is missing on the later version which seems strange

Is there any reason for this ?

Thanks in advance

N

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:43 AM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 12:49 PM in response to Windows_sucks

Is there any reason for this ?

This is what is known as a "why" question......and only Apple knows the "why" about anything that they do.

As you know, this is a user-to-user support forum.....and we are all users here.....just like you. No one here will know "why" Apple makes the decisions that they do.

If you want an answer to your question, you will need to speak to Apple Support directly.

Aug 4, 2015 9:31 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Therefore to counter Apples arrogance towards its users, I have downloaded AirPort Utility 5.4.1 Windows to see how that works as I have XP that runs in a VM under Fusion. Somewhat bizarre to use Microsofts durge to config an Apple device but if it works then its a solution.

I would happily pay for the full version of the software & tricks like this make me reluctant to change!

Thanks again

N

Airport 6.3.5 does not show some options that 5.6.1 displays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.