Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am running Yosemite 10.4.4 and Video will not display on my CNN home page. This has been going on for a couple months. I get a black video screen with a rotating red square.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.4 and videos will not display on my Safari CNN homepage. You Tube videos work fine. My flash player is up to date. I am getting a black screen with a rotating red box inside that never loads

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:13 PM

Restart the computer and while at it reset the PRAM. iMac SMC and PRAM reset

Do you run any antivirus, cleaning, or any third party maintenance utilities?

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 1:33 PM in response to trevorfromkamloops

Flash is not safe to use anymore > http://www.cnet.com/news/gone-in-a-flash-facebook-says-adobes-plug-in-is-a-secur ity-risk-no-longer-worth-taking/

Better to use HTML 5 > how to force HTML5 video?

Uninstall Flash > Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

CNN video content will load automatically using the HTML 5 standard. There's nothing to install.

I am running Yosemite 10.4.4 and Video will not display on my CNN home page. This has been going on for a couple months. I get a black video screen with a rotating red square.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.