Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Video playback is not supported on this computer"

So I just update my itunes (for windows) to 12.2.1 now when i try to play a video I get a message informing me that "video playback is not supported on this computer" Eh? it was before I updated my Itunes. If any one has a solution to this problem I would greatly appreciate your help

Windows 8, null

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 12:53 PM

In principle QuickTime is no longer an integral part of iTunes, and with up-to-date hardware and drivers it may not be required at all. Where it is necessary to support some video content then if you have a 64-bit system you may find that you also need to use the alternate version of iTunes found here: iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards).

See also Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes (including QuickTime) and then rebuilding it, which may be needed to get your system in order.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2015 12:53 PM in response to rennie91199

In principle QuickTime is no longer an integral part of iTunes, and with up-to-date hardware and drivers it may not be required at all. Where it is necessary to support some video content then if you have a 64-bit system you may find that you also need to use the alternate version of iTunes found here: iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards).

See also Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes (including QuickTime) and then rebuilding it, which may be needed to get your system in order.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Sep 2, 2015 2:58 PM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2 wrote:

tt2

I have up to date hardware and drivers! My computer is a brand new (1 week old) Toshiba computer that came with Windows 10. Everything is installed and updated and I still get this error.

"Video playback is not supported on this computer"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.