Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud will not set up with my Outlook 2010 calendar

I am trying to synch my Outlook 2010 calendar with iCloud. Each time I try to set up iCloud with Mail, it crashes. Could someone help me with this extremely frustrating problem?!!

Thank you.

Windows 8.1-OTHER

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:46 AM

6 replies

Aug 4, 2015 12:53 PM in response to Lukes_mum

It completely kills my Outlook 2013. I can launch it the first time. If I then shut Outlook down and attempt to re-launch it, Outlook will not load. I found a workaround which still allows me to use my iCloud calenadar/contacts, etc in Outlook 2013. It is a bit of a pain, but it works for me.

Launch Outlook with the iCloud add-in disabled. Once Outlook is open, you can go into File, Options, Add-Ins and then re-enable the iCloud add-in. Just remember to disable the add-in before closing Outlook, or you will not be able to re-load Outlook again without rebooting.

I was able to rule out my Kaspersky Internet Security (i'm on the latest release for Windows 10) by disabling E-Mail Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam.

Once I disabled the iCloud add-in, Outlook launched in record time, so it is definitely being caused by the add-in.

Apple definitely needs to fix the iCloud add-in for Outlook. With so many entities testing Windows 10, they should have been able to find this problem prior to the actual release.

Aug 4, 2015 1:18 PM in response to djl31065

I was successful in getting Outlook and iCloud connected, and have closed and re-opened both Outlook 2010 and iCloud several times. This is what finally worked - and i apologise if I am stating the obvious in any of this:

1. I repaired a corrupted file. The necessary program was in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\SCANPST.EXE".

2. I made a backup pst of the outlook calendar.

2. I went to Calendar --> View --> Reset View, and then changed my Current View to "List". I remove the recurring events from Outlook calendar.

(The help/idea came from this - https://support.office.com/en-(ca/article/Delete-or-archive-older-calendar-items -e57d6c8c-2e65-455a-b99b-623d091358dc)

3. I set up iCloud for my calendar and contacts - if finally worked error free. (help source was -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1a-KHQG0n4).

4 Reopened Outlook. The iCloud calendars were there.

5. I figured when my recurring events come up on calendar i would need to reset the recurrence, but also figured it would'nt hurt to try this: I imported the outlook calendar pst file i had backed up. the import did not go smoothly, but all the entries, including recurring ones are in my ICloud Outlook calendar - finally, the events on my iPhone were in Calendar or one of the others - in Outlook, in the iCloud calendars, i repeated Calendar --> View --> Reset View, and then changed my Current View to "List", selected the entries in the other calendars, CTRL C to copy, then went to the Outlook calendar and did CTRL P. This combined all the entries into the one calendar i wanted.

The calendars and entries are now on my Apple devices and my Outlook 2010.

If i had had the answer to my question initially and did what i initially wanted, i would have understood that the entries on the phone were in Calendar, not Outlook, and i could possibly have just copied the outlook calendar entries into the Calendar folder in my gmail personal PST and then synched. However, it is now on iCloud and accessible anywhere. Clear as mud?

Anyway, after my 2 days of working on this, i would suggest running SCANPST and see if there is an error in the file.

I still using Windows 8.1 though.

Aug 4, 2015 3:14 PM in response to Lukes_mum

I had no problems w/the iCloud add-in under Windows 8.1

I ran SCANPST each time Outlook would not start up. This is happening now w/Windows 10. I completely blew out my Windows 8.1 config as it was home edition (came w/my laptop) using DISKPART and installed a fresh Windows 10 Enterprise.

Once you close Outlook, it will not re-launch if the iCloud add-in is enabled. Somehow it is not unloading. So my trick ot disabling/re-enabling the add-in is my short-term fix until Apple fixes the incompatibility with iCloud and Outlook 2013 (32-bit) running Under Windows 10 Enterprise x64.

iCloud will not set up with my Outlook 2010 calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.