Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus battery/charging woes

When I first got my iPhone 6 Plus, battery life was awesome.

Now, less than a year later, it's horrible. My phone is fully charged in the morning, and usually well over half depleted by lunch time, just four or five hours later. If I don't leave it charging overnight, it's dead in the morning, regardless of how much it's charged. I've tried lots of different things to increase the battery life. I've dimmed the screen, disabled most apps from running in the background, turned off most notifications, etc. If I'm out and unsure of when I'll be able to charge the phone, I need to put it in airplane mode, and even that doesn't help that much. Once I hit 20% or so, I just turn the phone off until I need to use it.

I understand that once you start running apps, you can expect your battery to discharge a little faster, but this is ridiculous. I'm getting only a small fraction of the battery life advertised by Apple. They say 16 days standby time. On a full charge, it's unlikely that my phone will last 16 hours on standby, much less 16 days. Meanwhile, my iPhone 5s will last at least a week on a full charge (unless I actually use it, obviously, but since it essentially acts as a pager for work, I rarely do).

Another problem is charging. Most cables do not work with my iPhone 6 Plus. I purchased a new cable from the Apple Store last week, and it won't charge the phone, be it plugged into an Apple 5W power adapter, iPad adapter, or my MacBook Pro. Additionally, the cable that came with my iPad Air 2 won't work with the phone, either. Both cables work fine with my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 5s. I currently have two cables that will work with my iPhone 6 Plus (One of them is coming apart at one connector, which is not good). I have 8 lightening/usb cables - 5 are Apple made, 3 are Apple certified. Again, two of these will charge my iPhone 6 Plus.

Anyone else experiencing this? I think I likely need to make an appointment at the Apple Store to address this, but wondering if it's something other people have seen.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:17 AM

4 replies

iPhone 6 Plus battery/charging woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.