Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iPad is disabled. Connect to iTunes" Trying to reset but can't connect to internet.

I work with a student with autism who uses an iPad and a communication app. Recently, the iPad became disabled when staff entered an incorrect password too many times. The iPad was not synched to any computer ever and it was not connected to my school's internet network. I am trying to reset the iPad, but Find My iPhone won't finish erasing it until it connects to the internet and since it is disabled, I can't connect it to the internet. I tried pressing the home button and the wake/sleep button for a period for a period of time, but it just restarts the iPad and the same disabled screen shows up. Any advice?!

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 12:21 PM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 12:39 PM in response to hlm13

Do you have a computer?

if you do, then plug in the Lightning Cable and connect your device to it. (The computer). Open up the file on the computer for your device.

WARNING: THIS ERASES ALL THE DATA

Somewhere, there should be an option saying something along the lines of ERASE ALL DATA. This, as stated, will delete all the data but it will mean that you can get into the device, even if you do have to start the device from scratch.

"iPad is disabled. Connect to iTunes" Trying to reset but can't connect to internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.