Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Time Machine Back-Up Question

Help please?!?

I have a 120GB Macbook Air running OS X 10.9.5. I've got a BT Home Hub 3, and a LaCie 500GB hard drive.

I've previously connected the LaCie hard drive to my MacBook via USB and successfully run Time Machine back-ups with no problems, but I'd like to do it wirelessly if possible.

I was wondering if I could plug my hard-drive into the USB port on the Home Hub 3 and get Time Machine to back-up to it wirelessly.

I've managed to connect my LaCie hard drive to the USB port on my BT Home Hub so that I can access it wirelessly as a drive via my MacBook Finder.

However, I can't seem to be able to get Time Machine to 'see' the LaCie hard drive and perform Time Machine back-ups to it.

Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help!!

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 11:59 AM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 12:12 PM in response to Peteypops123

SORRY!!!!! I'm an idiot!!!

The LaCie isn't the hard-drive I've used previously for Time Machine back-ups. My Time Machine back-up drive is a Maxtor. I've just tried to connect to it wirelessly via USB on the Home Hub 3 but it doesn't connect like the Lacie drive does. I'm guessing this is something to do with the way the drives are formatted?

Anyway - same question.... is it possible to perform a Time Machine back-up to my Maxtor hard drive wirelessly via the USB port on my BT Home Hub 3?

Again, many thanks in advance.

Wireless Time Machine Back-Up Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.