Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar cannot cancel editing an event

I'm using iCal with my company Exchange account. I was just editing a repeating series event. I was making changes to the body of the event. I found that I'd made a mistake in what I was doing and wanted to cancel the edit.

In Outlook or OWA you can simply cancel, or close the event without saving your changes to it.

But when I hit the cancel button on my Macbook Pro, the calendar event gives me a dialog window "Choose: Cancel, Update this event only, Update future events". You'd think "cancel" is what I'm after, but that button just brings you back to the editing screen where I'm stuck. I can't close the window without that dialog window showing up.

Then I saw the "revert" button. Maybe that will revert my appointment to its original state and let me cancel it with no changes being made. Nope. I hit revert and, while I think it reverted the text to my original text, when I try and close the message I am prompted to "Cancel, Update this event only, and Update future events".

Here's my issue: I don't want to spam people with calendar appointments every time I make a mistake. What's the trick here, Apple? How do you close a calendar appointment you're editing without saving it and being forced to blast all the invitees with needless data?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:29 PM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 1:32 PM in response to kashimcgilloway

And of course, try as I might not to spam people, I just now see that whatever I was trying to click caused my calendar appointment to spit out 3 more times to my invitees.

This would be a good road map item for the product: be REALLY CLEAR when you're about to spam the invitees with notifications. This is an etiquette thing. I work with customers spending millions of dollars with my company every day. Spamming them 3 times without even realizing it about an appointment can **** off a customer. Not cool, Apple. Not cool.

Aug 4, 2015 8:52 AM in response to kashimcgilloway

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Calendar cannot cancel editing an event

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.