Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redeem Album link in Email Does Not Automatically Download the Album in iTunes

A friend gifted me a Beatles album, and this is what has transpired ever since:

• I received an email with a Redeem Now button. I click that button as Safari opens asks me do I want to launch iTunes. This happens automatically.
  • iTunes opens to the "New" page, nothing about redeeming there.
  • I click on my name at the top of the iTunes window and choose Redeem from the drop-down menu. I enter my apple ID password.
  • Now I'm on a Redeem page but it is asking for a gift card or content code. I have neither.

The only Help I could find on this topic claims that all I have to do is click the Redeem Now button in the email and everything else will happen automatically. But the album is still not downloading and I've tried for two days now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:51 PM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2015 9:49 AM in response to randino

Hi randino,

It sounds as if you received an iTunes gift email from your friend but when you click on the "Redeem Now" button in the email there no download is produced, is that correct?

This article talks about redeeming iTunes Store Gift cards - Redeem and use iTunes Gift Cards and content codes and indeed as you state it should work immediately. I would suggest that you contact iTunes Support for assistance. Use this link - Apple - Support - Topic Selection

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely.

Aug 8, 2015 9:27 AM in response to Brett L

Brett,

Thanks so much for trying to help. You understood my issue correctly. Regrettably, none of the links you so graciously provided resolved my issue.

I have heard from Apple and their "solution" is to have my friend email them or resend the gifted album. Seems odd to suggest the error is on the part of the gift-giver, but that's what I have to work with.

Thanks again for trying,

Randy

Redeem Album link in Email Does Not Automatically Download the Album in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.