Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difficulty downloading episodes hurdle

Hello, I am a bit stymied as to why my podcast feed submission seems to be in a perpetual rejection loop by iTunes. The support team at iTunes has been nice enough and replies to my inquiries, but I still can't seem to cross the final hurdle for listing in the directory. My feed http://natsandson.com/feed/podcast/ validates successfully. I am able to successfully subscribe, download and play all episodes on iTunes. Is there something that I am missing here that would be blocking my path to approval? Thanks for any advice. Here is my latest rejection notice, to see if anyone can spot the problem that I am not seeing. Thanks!

iTunes Podcasts Support (iTunes Podcasts)

Aug 3, 10:49

Hi,

We are still experiencing difficulty downloading episodes from your feed at http://natsandson.com/feed/podcast/.

Please test your podcast in iTunes using File > Subscribe to Podcast. Once the issue has been resolved, please inform our team for further review.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:41 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 2:09 PM in response to JFKDCUSA

I can't see any reason for this. The top episode file plays OK in a browser and checks OK in Terminal for byte range requests. We've seen cases where the Store seemed not to be able to access files that everything else could, with no explanation. I've speculated that some servers don't react properly to requests specifically from the Store, but I've no confirmation that this is the case or even possible. It's possible that for some reason Amazon isn't a suitable place to host your files. If you can try uploading the latest episode (which is the only one they check) to an ordinary web server (for example your ISP may offer some web space) you could try whether that would be accepted.

Aug 4, 2015 5:23 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you very much, Roger. I'll give your idea a try and see if that works.

By the way, I very much appreciate your generous feedback on this forum. You've provided a mountain of good advice to folks like us navigating the podcast experience, and I can definitely say I've benefited from your clear guidance and troubleshooting wisdom in the discussions. Thanks!

Difficulty downloading episodes hurdle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.