Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NTFS drive not read by Macbook pro retina

I have recently purchased a Macbook pro retina running Yosemite and I cannot get my NTFS hard drive to be read. I understand that macs cannot natively write to NTFS but I thought that they were able to read the format. This is rather a big issue for me as I have a lot of information on this drive that I would like to access on this drive but cannot. I have looked into software that claims to allow my mac to read and write to NTFS however I would like to know if I can get my mac to read the drive without shelling out for software. I am not too fussed about writing to the drive as I plan to partition the drive and use it mainly for Time Machine.

Thank you in advance 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:22 PM

I see that your Question has languished for some period of time without response. You have posted your issue in Using Apple Support Communities whose topic is 'How to use this forum software's interface, features and/or how to find what you wish'. It is a relatively low traffic and inappropriate forum for your problem. I will ask our Hosts to move it to " Macbook Pro " where it may get a more rapid response from your fellow users.

good luck

ÇÇÇ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 4:22 PM in response to thedjstig

I see that your Question has languished for some period of time without response. You have posted your issue in Using Apple Support Communities whose topic is 'How to use this forum software's interface, features and/or how to find what you wish'. It is a relatively low traffic and inappropriate forum for your problem. I will ask our Hosts to move it to " Macbook Pro " where it may get a more rapid response from your fellow users.

good luck

ÇÇÇ

NTFS drive not read by Macbook pro retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.