Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have downloaded iPhoto Library Upgrader 3 times and installed on HD...I still cant see any of my iphoto pictures! Where does it have to be installed to retrieve my older photos? When I downloaded the new operating system it did not say a thing!

I have downloaded iPhoto Library Upgrader 3 times and installed on HD...I still cant see any of my iphoto pictures! Where does it have to be installed to retrieve my older photos? When I downloaded the new operating system it did not say a thing!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:42 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 1:54 PM in response to alierle

Again you do not put it anyplace - you run it - It is in the utilities folder within your Applications folder

iPhoto '11 or later: About the Library Upgrader

You might see this message in iPhoto: "To open your library with this version of iPhoto, it first needs to be prepared." If you do, you can use the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool to prepare your library to work with the current version of iPhoto.

The iPhoto Library Upgrader is a tool that prepares libraries from iPhoto '08 (v7.x) or earlier so that you can upgrade them with the current version of iPhoto. If your library is from iPhoto '09 (v8.x) or later, you don't need to use this tool.

Using the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool

1. Download and install the tool. When you see a green checkmark above "The installation was successful," click Close.
  2. In the Finder, click the Go menu and choose Utilities.
  3. In the Utilities folder, open the iPhoto Library Upgrader.
  4. If the library shown in the window is not the one you want to upgrade, click Choose Library and select the correct iPhoto Library.
  5. Click Continue to upgrade your library.

LN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.