Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a canon ip4600 set up as bonjour printer. It says it is in use when it is not. How do I clear it?

I have an iMac circa 2009 running Yosemite. It is a bonjour printer and it says it is in use when it is not. How do I clear it. I have rebooted everything and there are no jobs in the queue. Additionally when I open the queue it says the printer is not connected. When I hard wire it to the mac, it works fine.

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 2:21 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 10:07 AM in response to gkink26946

Hi there gkink26946,

It sounds like you are not able to print from your network printer, but when it is connected directly it seems to work without issue. I would recommend you use the troubleshooting in the following article that you haven't yet done:

Get help resolving printer issues on your Mac

These steps may resolve printing issues that have no other clear cause.

1. Open the Printers & Scanners pane of System Preferences, then select your printer and click the minus (-) button to remove it from the list.
  2. Follow the steps in the previous section to add your printer.
  3. If the issue persists, reset the printing system, then follow the steps in the previous section once more.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I have a canon ip4600 set up as bonjour printer. It says it is in use when it is not. How do I clear it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.