Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 plus bent and cracked

I've got an iPhone 6 plus that I've had for 5 months with AppleCare+. Whilst on holiday I've managed to drop my phone off a 2nd storey balcony resulting in the screen being cracked and coming away from the back panel and the back panel also bending at the top causing the screen to protrude from the casing. It still all works only the screen is unresponsive now meaning it won't recognise any touch at all. As I've already mentioned I have AppleCare+ and this covers me from accidental damage with a service fee of £55. Does anybody know if it's going to cost me £55 considering the damage or will it cost more? And if so, how much more? I'm in the UK and have a genius appointment on Saturday so I'd like to be prepared for the worst lol.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 3:22 PM

So long as you're not taking them a 'bag of parts', that should cover it. Not sure if sales taxes are included in the price in the UK.

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 3:24 PM in response to hctim98

Since you have AppleCare+ your will only have to pay the £55. If you have Automatic iCloud backups set up on the device, plug it in where it can connect to Wifi with the hopes that a backup of your most current iPhone profile will back up to iCloud because you will be getting a brand new phone, and it is easiest to restore it from an iCloud backup.

Cheers,

GB

iPhone 6 plus bent and cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.