Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email sent to me thru family sharing has another family member name than primary user. Why?

TTrying to figure out why emails sent to the primary's email address have my son's name on there now?

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 8:50 AM

I have the same issue. I am the organizer (primary) and when i added an adult to the family plan all of his emails that he sends using that email now has my name on it (looks like the meta data). It wasn't like this a few weeks ago but it changed at some point. Is there a fix to this? This makes the secondary email address confusing for recipients when it shows my name going out yet it comes from another email address.

Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a new bug that came in with the last security updates?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2015 8:50 AM in response to BG27

I have the same issue. I am the organizer (primary) and when i added an adult to the family plan all of his emails that he sends using that email now has my name on it (looks like the meta data). It wasn't like this a few weeks ago but it changed at some point. Is there a fix to this? This makes the secondary email address confusing for recipients when it shows my name going out yet it comes from another email address.

Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a new bug that came in with the last security updates?

Email sent to me thru family sharing has another family member name than primary user. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.