Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to use my old deleted apple Id to activate my Ipad, any thoughts on how I might do that?

I started up my ipad I have and was met with a text saying that my Ipad was linked to my old ID that has been deleted for a long time and that I need to log in to that nonexisting account to activate my Ipad. So how am I supposed to do that? I don´t know what OS it´s running all i know is that it´s a old Ipad mini.

iPad Mini, Black

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 2:56 PM

Did you change to your current ID by EDITing the old ID, or did you create a brand new Apple ID? The solution is different depending on how you "moved" from your old Apple ID to the current one.

Cheers,

GB

6 replies

Aug 4, 2015 7:49 AM in response to Jesper Hoffstrom

OK, so then you need to change the password on the old ID. Apple IDs are never deleted, so you should be able to go to Apple - My Apple ID, click on Reset Password, answer the Security Questions and change the password on the old ID. If you don't remember the answers to your security questions, you can contact Apple Support to have them reset:

ACCOUNT SECURITY CONTACT

Best of luck,

GB

I need to use my old deleted apple Id to activate my Ipad, any thoughts on how I might do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.