Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't upgrade my iPhoto, it is stuck at 8.1.2

how do i upgrade my iPhoto to a higher version. I tried to download version 9.0.1 but it said i couldn't use because i didn't have version 9.0 please help

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 2:31 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 2:35 PM in response to sbelman

At this stage it is not easy as you are so late to the party

what OS do you have?

And what version of iPhoto do you want? TO get iphoto '11 you will have to purchase an iLife'11 DVD form someone like Amazon or eBay and install iPhoto from it

To move up to Photos you need to install OS X 10.10.4 (that is the easiest upgrade for you to make)

LN

Aug 3, 2015 2:38 PM in response to sbelman

With iPhoto 8.1.2 you are already running the last version of iPhoto 8.x.x. There are no more free updates. To upgrade to iPhoto 9.x.x you need to purchase an iPhoto 9.x.x installer. Apple stopped selling iPhoto, but you could buy an iLife '11 installer from Amazon or eBay and then use the updaters from Apple's download page.

The last version available will be iPhoto 9.4.3. The newer updates are only available, if you already have an App Store version of iPhoto 9.x.x.

i can't upgrade my iPhoto, it is stuck at 8.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.