Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to back up my old iphone 4 to my laptop so I can synch to my new iphone 6P

Bought a new iphone 6P yesterday and tried to synch with old laptop but won't connect. Want to synch my contacts and my iTunes music from my old iphone 4 to my new iphone 6P. I can temporarily use another laptop and download iTunes to it that has a newer version of windows to do this but unsure how to get the devices to show. Can plug my old iphone 4 into laptop but cannot get any devices to show up and how to authorize this computer so I can transfer from old iphone to laptop to synch with new iphone 6P

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 3:12 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2015 11:04 AM in response to susan in nh

Hello Susan,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you bought a new iPhone 6 and would like to transfer the content from your previous iPhone to it. In order for you to do this please follow the directions in the link below.

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device - Apple Support

If your iPhone isn't being recognized by iTunes on your Windows PC, you will need to follow the steps in the link below first.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Take care.

need to back up my old iphone 4 to my laptop so I can synch to my new iphone 6P

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.