Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

best for a college student ?

MacBook or MacBook Pro ? I'm trying to decide which MacBook to get. I can't decide which one to get. My uses are iTunes, Microsoft Office and the Internet! watch a few movies. I know that the new MacBook only has one port ( usb - c port ). However, is icloud worth it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:18 PM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2015 8:21 PM in response to junee92

Hi I'm in my third year at my college. If I were you I'd get a Macbook Air instead. It's way lighter and easier to use if taking notes during lecture, or moving it around and showing people what's on your screen. A 13-inch one is the way to go. Bigger display means you can see your notes, online homework, and a website better than the 11-inch. If you're going into CS you may want to consider a PC though because most software offered by your school will be Windows based. Bottom line: the lighter and smaller the portable computer in your backpack the better. Good luck with your studies!

best for a college student ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.