Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Server May Not Exist???

Hi,

I am trying to access an external hard drive connected (via USB) to my wireless router (an Asus RT-N66U). To access the drive, I go to Finder > Go > Connect to Server > Then enter my router IP address. The problem is that I get the following error message: "There was a problem connecting to the server 192.168.1.1 - The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again”.

I know the IP address is correct, as when I enter it in Safari I get to my router configuration page and from there I can confirm that my router's IP address is correct. The strange thing is that I was able to access the drive (and the server) for a while but all of a sudden this problem started happening. I triedrebooting both my MacBook Pro and my router, turning on and off my Wi-Fi connection, but no luck: I am still getting the same problem.

A bit of help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mart

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 3:42 PM

4 replies

The Server May Not Exist???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.