Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Canon Rebel T3i with Final Cut Pro X?

I'm new to this whole thing and as wondering if I can use that camera. I know it's not on the list but I've seen where people said they have used the T3i with Final Cut Pro X. So I am quite confused. I have 3 Canons in my home and none of which seem to be compatible (which is infuriating).

Canon Rebel t3i

Canon Powershot DS 1200 IS Digital Elph

Powershot D10

Obviously, I have yet to purchase Final Cut Pro X because I do not want to flip $300 bucks for it then an extra $700 for a good compatible camera.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

-Jennifer

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:11 PM

6 replies

Aug 3, 2015 9:52 PM in response to JennMarkov

JennMarkov wrote:

... I have 3 Canons in my home and none of which seem to be compatible (which is infuriating). ...

from Canons website

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t3 i_18_55mm_is_ii_lens_kit#Specifications

File Format

MOV (image data: H.264; audio: Linear PCM (monaural))"

= compatible.

Any actual (consumer) cam is compatible with FCPX.

... a list of devices NOT supported by FCPX would be shorter ... LOL.

What is listed on manufacturers sites as 'Windows only" is their 3rd party programs - which in most cases are not needed on the Mac platform.

by the way:

FCPX offers a 30d free trial - download it, connect any of your three cams, follow Import advice (FCPX has an online manual) .... tadahh...

// thanks for teaching me the word "infuriating" ... was not in my inventory of English yet // 😉

Can I use Canon Rebel T3i with Final Cut Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.