Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email is not working properly I cant swipe up or down

Cant open my emails, why cant I swipe up or down

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:46 PM

Dunno. But a first step for troubleshooting is to restart your iPad, along with force quitting the app.

Try these and if your mail is still messing up try posting some further details to see if it can help find a cure

Restart

Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot. No data will be lost.

Force close an app

Double tap the home button. When you see the app previews on the screen scroll sideways if needed to get the preview in question on the screen. Flick that preview up and off the screen to close the app. Single tap the home button or home screen preview to exit the mode.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2015 5:46 PM in response to theudbaldhotmail.com

Dunno. But a first step for troubleshooting is to restart your iPad, along with force quitting the app.

Try these and if your mail is still messing up try posting some further details to see if it can help find a cure

Restart

Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot. No data will be lost.

Force close an app

Double tap the home button. When you see the app previews on the screen scroll sideways if needed to get the preview in question on the screen. Flick that preview up and off the screen to close the app. Single tap the home button or home screen preview to exit the mode.

My email is not working properly I cant swipe up or down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.