Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhones broken an didn't have Apple ID/ iCloud set up can I use my iPad to make an Apple ID with my cell number attached to it so I can start getting my iMessage on iPad till I get another iPhone

I smashed my iPhone 6 a couple days ago an have to wait till my days off to get a new phone I didn't have an Apple ID or iCloud account set up on phone an wanted to know if there's anyway I can use my iPad mini to make an Apple ID account an attach my cell number to it an start getting all my iMessages sent to my iPad till I get a new phone

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:35 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 4:39 PM in response to erikb20

erikb20 wrote:

I smashed my iPhone 6 a couple days ago an have to wait till my days off to get a new phone I didn't have an Apple ID or iCloud account set up on phone an wanted to know if there's anyway I can use my iPad mini to make an Apple ID account an attach my cell number to it an start getting all my iMessages sent to my iPad till I get a new phone

Your post makes absolutely no sense. You have to have an Apple ID to activate the phone, and to activate iMessage. There is no way to forward iMessages to the iPad without the phone. Since the iPhone is not functional, you could not set up the forwarding, even if you use something else to set up an Apple ID.

My iPhones broken an didn't have Apple ID/ iCloud set up can I use my iPad to make an Apple ID with my cell number attached to it so I can start getting my iMessage on iPad till I get another iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.