Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My airport express does not link to my optimum router what do i do?

We recently got a optimum router in the house When trying to connect I am unable to link my airport express to the router. Can anyone help

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Gen), Windows 7

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:17 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2015 6:40 PM in response to cj thee

Sorry, but we don't know whether you are trying to "link" your AirPort Express to the Optimum router using a wireless connection.....or....a wired Ethernet cable connection, so we will need clarification on that, please.

Once you do have the "link" established again, what is it that you want the AirPort Express to do? In other words, what is your networking goal for the AirPort Express?

In order to establish the "link" that you ask about, it will likely be necessary to reset the AirPort Express back to factory default settings and then set it up again to work with the Optimum router. To do that we would need to know if you are still using Windows 7 to administer the AirPort Express, as you indicate in your profile or whether you plan to use a Mac or an iPhone or iPad to set up the AirPort Express.

Once we have a more clear understanding of how you want the Express to connect to your network, what it is that the Express will do, and what device you will be using to administer the Express, we will likely be ready to proceed.

Aug 7, 2015 7:37 AM in response to Bob Timmons

In in an effort to reply to your reply ....I am running windows 7, My main use for the airport is to play music through speakers throughout my home using my ipad ,iphone and itouch.The airport is plugged into an electrical outlet behind my rack system.A wire is plugged into the airport and runs to the red and white inputs of the receiver in my rack.My router is not close to the rack system.This all worked seamlessly until I changed routers. I used to have a net gear router and changed to an optimum router as Optimum claimed it would be a faster better signal.I have the latest airport software on my computer.I have also attempted to reset the airport. I still must be doing something wrong as the light on the top of the airport doesn't turn green,and I get messages that the software cant locate the airport although it sees the network when it tries to connect with the airport through the network (1253network) our name for the network.

Aug 20, 2015 5:57 PM in response to cj thee

I have the same issue. I changed my router from Airport Extreme, I had an Airport Express boosting the signal in another room. I am using Windows 7 & have successfully set up the optimum router. I've tried resetting both the optimum router along with the airport express router including pressing in the tiny button to reset. I then go into my Extreme 802 software & try to initialize the connections & it tells me the cable isn't connected. What am I doing wrong, appreciate any help.

My airport express does not link to my optimum router what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.