Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2.1.16 for Mac won't play iCloud Library, nor iTunes Library songs! (Apple Music works though-?)

iTunes 12.2.1.16 for Mac won't play iCloud Library, nor iTunes Library songs! However, Apple Music plays.

To further confuse me, when I play the iCloud libraries on my iMac that is Home shared from my Apple TV, the playback works fine.

If I attempt to play a song on the source player, it stalls out at less than a second into the timeline.

I've reviewed restarting, reinstalling, and unmounting and remounting external drive.

I have a Macbook with iTunes 12.2.0.145 on it and playback works just fine.

Is this something that will be fixed? Any suggestions?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009)

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Using Glyph 2T External Drive to store iTunes Library (1.22 TB Free)

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 3:51 PM

3 replies

Aug 5, 2015 12:33 PM in response to Brett L

Brett L:

Thank you for the guidance. I have scoured the article and have attempted to trouble shoot. Nonetheless, I have the same issue. Only on my iMac. An earlier version of iTunes plays successfully on my Macbook Pro, and I am able to play my libraries from Apple TV.

The player on my iMac simply stalls out after less than a second of attempting to play a song.

Just in case it was a Disk Utility issue, I've verified permissions and no repairs were needed.

I'm stuck!

😐

-Andrew

iTunes 12.2.1.16 for Mac won't play iCloud Library, nor iTunes Library songs! (Apple Music works though-?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.