Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant crashing blue screen, restoration didn't work

I recently received a replacement phone from Apple after I broke the screen of my old phone (iPhone 5C). It cost quite a lot of money, and I figured the replacement should be fully operational. It worked well without fault for a few weeks, before crashing one time with a blue screen after opening an app. I restarted it, and it worked fine - I thought nothing of it. The exact same thing happened again once or twice over the following weeks, but each time it worked fine after restarting. Then one time about a week later it kept crashing, and the restart didn't work. After trying several times over about an hour it eventually did, and the phone was fine for another few weeks. Then the other day (a day or so after updating to the latest software update) after opening an app, it crashed with a blue screen, but a simple restart wouldn't work at all. Every time I tried to restart there was a blue, or red screen, or lines all over it, and it crashed. The only way I could get it to work again at all was by connecting it to iTunes and performing a full system restore, which in itself took a long time as it kept being prevented by errors or the phone crashing. And that only works temporarily, I've had to repeat the whole annoying process 3 times over the last couple of days, and it's not working as I write this. I know lots of people have had problems in the past with blue screen crashes, but these seem to have been solved by a restore, which mine hasn't. I've been scouring the internet and I notice there's a non-Apple site that describes similar symptoms to mine, and suggests an issue involving the wrong placement of screws after a (homemade) screen repair. It seems ludicrous that Apple would send me a replacement phone so shoddily repaired, but it does seem the most similar description of my issue. If anyone can shed any light on how I can solve this problem permanently, or what I should do, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:06 PM

2 replies

Constant crashing blue screen, restoration didn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.