Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air bent after normal use

User uploaded file

Dear Sir or Madam,

Today, I went to the Apple Store in The Hague, The Netherlands as my iPhone 6 (128 GB) Plus which I had bought on Feb, 2015 was not able to start-up spontaneous. After the check-up by the engineer team, they found it was feasible to swap my iPhone 6 Plus with a new one as it was to inconvenient to repair the damaged iPhone. Therefore my gratitude for the excellent service.

The reason why I am writing this message is because, the iPad Air which I bought in San Francisco, USA on Nov, 2013 is somehow after normal use for 1 year plus, it got bent (attached is a picture of the bent iPad Air). This is in my opinion not acceptable as I am always using the iPad Air with care and sitting on it as some of the messages on this forum suggest. I had spoken with the Apple employee (The Hague) and they were not able to help me. According to the Dutch/ European Union legal, the customer are giving a 2 year of warranty for the Apple products that are purchased in that region. But because my iPad Air is bought in USA, therefore I should only have 1 year of warranty. The only offer which the Apple employee could do (as my iPad Air is not in the warranty anymore) is repairing iPad Air for EUR 350.00 which is certainly out of question (that is the price of a new iPad Air). I was always in the assumption that the Dutch Apple 2 warranty will apply to worldwide or in this case, from the Apple USA. Therefore I bought the iPad Air in USA.

Please advise how to resolve this issue as I kinda feel rip-off!

iPad Air, iOS 8.4, iPad Air bent

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 3:56 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 4:00 PM in response to Sirac78

"you may obtain warranty service worldwide. However, service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. If the product is not portable, warranty service may be restricted to the country where the product"

From here > Apple - One Year Limited Warranty - Worldwide

It's location related as far as the worldwide warranty is concerned.

iPad Air bent after normal use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.