Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP keeps crashing every couple min!

I just bought this new Mac (15"), and every couple minutes the FCP freezes and I have to force quit to make it work. I cleaned my preferences and dis the system update. I am on the trail still. Not sure what else I can do

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 4:42 PM

7 replies

Aug 3, 2015 4:52 PM in response to jaspreetapplename

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that may help.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

Then try Final Cut Pro.

About Safe Mode

Aug 3, 2015 6:33 PM in response to jaspreetapplename

I'm having the same issue and have tried new libraries, repairing permissions, refreshing preferences, I tried to boot in safe mode but FCPX wouldn't run, it would just crash. sent all crash logs to apple ( not that they have the time to read them). None of the usual suspect fixes seem to work.

mid 2011 iMac 27in. i7- 10.10.4 fcpx 10.2.1 - 24gb ram-

Aug 4, 2015 1:20 AM in response to jaspreetapplename

jaspreetapplename wrote:

I just bought this new Mac (15"), and every couple minutes the FCP freezes and I have to force quit to make it work. I cleaned my preferences and dis the system update. I am on the trail still. Not sure what else I can do

Can you tell us what you are doing when it crashes?

Also, what are the specifics of the media in use?

Do you have any third party apps loaded on your machine?

Al

Aug 4, 2015 6:21 AM in response to Alchroma

Hey Al -

So I am trying to edit a video clip. When I move the video clip to the timeline, it will freeze either immediately when I try to play the clip. Or if I trip the clip and then try to play it - it will freeze.

The media is a mp4 file. I also have a separate audio file which is a mp3. It is a 90 second video clip.

I have downloaded very few apps, just microsoft office, Audacity, and dropbox.

Thanks

FCP keeps crashing every couple min!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.