Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Windows 10 and now get "computer is no longer authorized" error messages on sync

After upgrading to Windows 10, none of my devices will sync without an error message about the computer no longer authorized to play purchased items that are on the device (54 songs will be removed from the device). When I try to authorize the computer, the dialogue box contains an unfamiliar apple ID. When I enter my ID and password, the error does not clear. I have tried to deauthorize all computers and reauthorize this one per another thread that I read but it did not work.

iTunes version is 12.2.1.16 64bit.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or know of a fix?

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 5:11 PM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2015 5:08 AM in response to jhp6t8

I followed the advice here and the errors cleared

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-error-code-54-itunes-windows-10-1513626

Windows 10 may have screwed up folder/file permissions

1. Right-click your itunes music folder. Uncheck "ReadOnly" on the properties dialog. Apply.

2. Right-click your itunes music folder. Go to the Security Tab. Click "Edit". Make sure all items have "Full Control" checked.

Happy now

a) My next attempt to authorize the computer came back with "This Computer is already Authorized" (instead of error).
b) Apps purchased on my iPad now successfully download to my PC

Rob

Aug 6, 2015 5:33 PM in response to helpware

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I don't have the code -54 error, just happen to have 54 items that will not sync. I worked with Apple Support and could not resolve fully. Found that the items were those purchased under old Apple ID's of other family members. I cannot get them to sync unless I can get passwords recalled from 8 years ago (no luck there). Otherwise, the items are non-playable in the library and cannot be synced to devices.

Upgraded to Windows 10 and now get "computer is no longer authorized" error messages on sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.