Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus just turns off with 60% battery life???

iphone 6 plus currently running IOS 8.1.2 i hardly update my phone as you can tell lol. however i am recently having problems with my battery and battery life. its very inconsistent, it will charge to 100% no problem and as of the last two weeks or so it has been depleting rapidly. having to recharge multiple times a day when in previous months it would last thew whole day with heavy usage. know in the last week or so it has been acting like the iPhone 5 battery problem, with just shutting down without warning its not hot and once i plug it in to charge back up it powers up very quickly not acting at all like a depleted battery. as it powers up its back to 60% or whatever it was when it suddenly shut down. im not sure what to do i called and talk to apple phone support and they set me up an appointment and told me to hard reset and if it doesn't help then show up for he appointment.

well after the hard reset the function of the battery seemed better in all honesty so i cancelled the appointment, so here we are and now back to the same issues only days later. im worried that if i take it in there to them to see that they will somehow try to tell me it was caused by me in someway (I.E. water damage) only from previous experience with the iPhone 3g. im not sure what to do, I know i have limited time on the one year manufactures warranty will this help me in any way? thanks in advance for all the help 😀

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2, 64gb gold

Posted on Aug 3, 2015 6:32 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 7:13 PM in response to Dustin1882

• Make sure you are taking advantage of all tips listed here: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#ios
  • Updating the iOS may help as there are sometimes updates to improve battery life/performance
  • If the issue persists reschedule the Genius Bar appointment so they can check your battery and you won't regret not doing when the warranty expires
  • Don't worry about them blaming water damage, unless the phone has been water damaged, because there are sensors that tell them if the phone was wet.

iphone 6 plus just turns off with 60% battery life???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.